Pages

June 24, 2012

The Only Way to Really Learn, is to See

One thing that has stuck with me over the years, is something that one of my teachers, Mr. Leger said to me. We had just come back to the hotel after a jam packed day at the Antietam National Battlefield, and he said to everyone in the group.

"You can read textbooks in class about a topic. Then you could watch a movie about the topic, then you can hear someone say a presentation about the topic, but the only real way to learn about the topic, and really connect the pieces together, is to go their, and see in person, what you are studying about."
~Joel Patrick Leger
         *U.S History Teacher, Southington School System

I just wanted to share that with all of you, because when he said that to us, it really changed the way I learn, and the way I think about things.




No comments:

Post a Comment